Skip to main content

Status Update

So I have been inactive for the past two weeks, and I wanted to just give some context as to why. For starters, I went home for Thanksgiving break and I was very sick for most of the time. I wasn't really leaving bed or doing anything, and I had no energy to write anything. Then Thanksgiving came, and I spent a lot of time with my family and I didn't really have the available time to write up any posts. Then I got back to school and I have been busy preparing for my upcoming finals. However, I think the most important factor was my lack of enthusiasm for writing. I lost the passion and drive to want to continue to write about college basketball, and I think a lot of that came from the way I was doing it. So, after giving it a lot of thought, I'm going to change the way I'm doing things. I think The Fast Break will become less frequent, and the format will change. The main thing that was bugging me was watching games felt like work that I had to be doing so that I could write about them instead of something I wanted to do. So, I'm going to pivot off of doing that and move towards things I want to be doing. The first and most often will be game previews. These will allow me to discuss things that interest me about a particular matchup, from players to contrasting styles. I may still release game summaries, but the format would look different than what I had previously done and I will make it more enjoyable for me. Next, I'm going to focus more on discussing teams and I think I'm going to do a weekly Top 25 breakdown as well as conference power rankings as conference play approaches. Finally, I'm going to do some more long form content on topic that really interest me and feature things I want to write about. I already have some ideas in mind and I have begun to work on them. I have the first of my conference power rankings on the way with the Big Ten since they kick off conference play Friday, and I hope to bring lots of new content to you all very soon, and I hope you enjoy what I'm working on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 25 Breakdown 1/28/19

It was another exciting week in college basketball, with the SEC/Big 12 Challenge providing some excellent game, and conference play continues to go on. We are slowly but surely approaching Selection Sunday, which is both exciting and disappointing, but I have my updated as I really think I'm starting to get a good feel for where a lot of these teams are going to be for the rest of the season. As always, I'm always down to discuss my rankings and all things college basketball on Twitter @ThreePointRange, so be sure to let me know your thoughts. Top 25 1. Tennessee (1) Record: 18-1, 6-0 Last Week: W 88-83 (OT) @ Vanderbilt, W 83-66 vs West Virginia This Week: 1/29 @ South Carolina, 2/2 @ Texas A&M 2. Duke (2) Record:17-2, 6-1 Last Week: W 79-64 @ Pittsburgh, W 66-53 vs Georgia Tech This Week: 1/28 @ Notre Dame, 2/2 vs St. John's 3. Virginia (3) Record: 18-1, 6-1 Last Week: W 68-45 vs Wake Forest, W 82-55 @ Notre Dame This Week: 1/29 @ North Carolina State...

BYU Season Preview

2022-23 Record: 19-15, 7-9 WCC (5th) Coach: Mark Pope, Fifth Season Departures: Rudi Williams, G (Graduation) Gideon George, F (Graduation) Tanner Toolson, W (Transfer) Arrivals: Dawson Baker, G (Transfer from UC Irvine) Aly Khalifa, C (Transfer from Charlotte) Projected Starting Lineup PG: Dallin Hall SG: Jaxson Robinson SF: Spencer Johnson PF: Fousseyni Traore C: Aly Khalifa Roster Breakdown The Cougars are coming into the conference from the WCC, and they'll have to raise their game to keep their high level of success with their move to the Big 12. The good news for Mark Pope is he has a lot of returning production to help the transition to the new conference. While two of their top four scorers depart, the Cougars do bring back seven of their top nine scorers. Leading the returners is big man Fousseyni Traore , who led the team in scoring last season. He put up 12.9 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.5 steals, and 0.7 blocks, and his rebounding and block numbers were actually down from hi...

ACC Preview

After a long summer, I have returned to the college basketball blogging game. I apologize for taking such a long time off, but I've been keeping up with everything in the world of college basketball, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. We start off my preseason coverage with a league that is near and dear to my heart, the ACC. For those of you who don't know, I'm a Syracuse student and fan, but I try not to let my bias get in the way of my journalistic integrity. I'll have tiered rankings, but the order I give is the order I expect them to finish. As for the ACC itself, after years of dominance, this season figures to be a bit of a down one, with the bottom half of the conference being very weak. As always, let me know your thoughts on the conference and where you may disagree with my predictions on Twitter @ThreePointRange, and be sure to check back throughout the next few days for my previews for the other conferences. The Contenders 1. Du...